Monday, April 03, 2006

Slither and knitting with 4 needles

I have had the best weekend. On Friday night we were invited to my friend Krishna's mother's 60th birthday party. It was lovely. We were seated at a table with 2 other couples and a lady who were all over 50. I have to say I was a bit worried about conversation but these people were great. They were all educators, 1 was a social worker, 2 were guidance counselors, 1 was a PRINCIPAL and the other a special ed teacher. Chris and I had a great time.

On Saturday I insisted we go see SLITHER. What a fantastic movie. I was actually jumping. It was scary and funny and it starred Nathan Fillion from Firefly/Serenity http://www.fireflyfans.net/ I am SO naming my first born after him.

At any rate, go see Slither, aliens and zombies how can you go wrong?. It is amazing (wait till you see the bathtub scene).

Sunday I finished Niall's hat FINALLY. I had finished it about 2 months ago but it was too small, I took it back and enlarged it but it was too big. I had to undo it again and try and get it right. When I got to the decreases (I didn't pull the whole thing out..I am not that insane) I found that the top of the hat was bumpy so I tried the 4 needle thing (for you non knitters, this is how socks are usually done. 3 needles holding the stitches and one to knit with.




I have tried this once or twice before but it's tricky as the needles are double pointed and tend to fall of the end ( I fixed that by putting my needle protector on the bottom of the needles I wasn't using) and SUCCESS. Now if it's still not okay then I am NEVER knitting anything for Niall again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linz said...

Ooooh, can't wait to see a photo of the hat!
Friday was very fun - I'm glad you were there.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

Agree that "Slither" was tremendous fun .. it's goofy, gross and great

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home