Tuesday, January 16, 2007

oops, i guess its been a while

I have crapped out on all you guys.. I have been so lazy.

Okay, so what has been going on? Well.. not a heck of a lot.

I have gotten back into sewing, which is a great quick fix cause we all know how long knitting takes. I recently finished a little hoodie for both Tsuki's new daughter and Chris' (hubby) new nephew. I don't have pics yet but am hoping to soon. I knitted the Baby Viking Hat for my friends Norm and Carm's son... So cute, I have never met such a calm baby before ('cept yours tsuk) I knew the hat was for him when I saw it. Here are some photos. Beware the hat is a little large but Norm's brother Niall says that Owen loves it (also see http://sinfulknitter.blogspot.com/2006/04/better-little-too-big-than-too-small.html for the pants I knitted him) on to the pics.



Now the horns have to be adjusted, I am thinking of threading some pipe cleaners through so it can be adjusted, and I haven't had a chance to get over there to do it but you see how amazing it looked on him. Tell me that is not a face for the viking hat.

SOCKS

I have fallen in love with socks. As you might remember I have had some problems with socks, mainly the Jaywalker. It was going well but I got frustrated after I discovered that I had addedd about 16 extra stitches. So I frogged it, well no, i cut it and started again using the 'step by step cheat sheet for socks' from the Knitting Rules book by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. It is the perfect sock pattern, it fits exactly right so I just cast on and away I go. Here are my socks.


Standard Cat photo.

the left one, was Knitpicks Yarn that I dyed myself using Wilton's Icing Dye. It was set up to to be self striping for Jaywalker but it looks just a great in regular sock form.

The right one, was done using Double Knitting yarn. Now i can't remember which kind but as you can see its patchy. This was the way the yarn was but it's ok, it's kinda cool.

And for you knitting freaks, I cast off the toe using the 3 needle method. I can't get the hang of Kitchener stitch for closing the toe, Look. it takes the same amount of time (if you count pulling out and re stitching 7 times using kitchener) and really tidy. This is the way to go I seriously suggest trying it.

Time to go, more sock knitting to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger librarylass said...

Cute blog! Hope you can update more often!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

oh my!! The viking helmet!! AHAHAHA That's genius!

Def. update more often!! Join some webrings, you'll get tons more traffic! I do the Bad Ass Knitters Ring, come by and sign up!! lickmysticks dot com!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home