Tuesday, July 18, 2006

You have got to be kidding me

Just finished sock #2. All excited about wearing my first pair of hand knitted socks. Tried it on. It's too narrow.

Options (as suggested by Linzknits.blogspot.com)

1) rip one out, try again
2) hope you have enough yarn for another one... knit it, see which one it matches... rip the other one out
3) if you have a lot of yarn, knit 2 more, one in each tension so you'll have 2 pairs that match.
4) leave them how they are. If they're not that different, they'll shape to your feet anyway.

Well the only option that won't work is #4. The first one, that fits well by the way, ismuch larger. I might have to knit a new second sock.

Next time: 2 Socks on 2 needles. Knit them at the same time.

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTstraightlaced.html

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

I hate it when that happens! My second pair of socks were like that - I think I ripped them out four times before I finally got two socks that resembled each other. Go with #1.

(Nice yarn, btw ;)

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home